These scrumptiously healthy breakfast muffin loaves have been in my kitchen’s breakfast baking rotation for years! They are high grain, soy-free, and my version of guilt-free breakfast treats!
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup flaxseed meal
1 cup oat bran cereal
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups carrots, finely shredded
2 apples, peeled & shredded
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1 cup chopped nuts
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Mix together flour, flaxseed meal (I use Bob’s Red Mill), oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. Stir in carrots, apples, raisins (if desired) and nuts.
4. In a separate bowl, combine milk, beaten eggs and vanilla. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until ingredients are moistened. DO NOT OVER MIX.
5. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Makes 12-15 muffins.
You can also use 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour in place of the whole wheat flour.
For a twist on this great recipe- try substituting 3/4 cup Hazelnut meal in place of the oat bran.
* For mini loaves, fill 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Makes 12 mini loaves.
** You can also make this recipe as mini-bundt cakes. It will make 12 mini Bundt cakes. Bake at 355 degrees F for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Category: Muffins & Loaves
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: muffins, loaves, bread