This wonderfully easy No-Bake Strawberry Cream Pie is filled with fresh strawberries, cream cheese, and whipped cream, and a breeze to throw together for a light and refreshing dessert. Most of the work is done in the refrigerator or freezer as the pie sets for a few hours. It’s a perfectly simple but delicious dessert for you to plan on serving at your next dinner with friends or neighborhood barbeque!
1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese, softened
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup sliced fresh strawberries, mashed
1 cup heavy whipping cream
¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
¼ cup sliced fresh strawberries
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
For homemade graham cracker crust:
1 ½ cups (approx. 10 graham cracker sheets), finely ground graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
*If you are making your crust from scratch, see directions below.
1. With your stand mixer or a hand mixer, blend softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until smooth.
2. Add 3/4 cup mashed strawberries into the cream cheese mixture and blend together. (I use my Immersion Blender to “mash” the strawberries.) Set aside.
3. Beat heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar in a glass or metal bowl until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up – the cream will form sharp peaks.
4. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until evenly mixed. Fold in the remaining 1/4 cup of sliced strawberries.
5. Spoon strawberry mixture into prepared graham cracker crust. Chill at least 3 hours before serving. You can also freeze the pie for 2 hours if you need or want it to set quicker. If you freeze the pie, take it out 30 minutes before you are planning to serve.
Garnish with additional strawberries, whipped cream, and fresh mint, if desired.
*HOMEMADE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Pulverize your graham crackers in a food processor, or place them in a large ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into fine, sandy crumbs.
3. Add sugars, melted butter and cinnamon (optional) to the graham cracker crumbs, and pulse your food processor until the mixture is blended. You can also toss everything together in a bowl using a fork. The crumb mixture should be well-combined and look slightly damp.
4. Transfer crumb mixture into your 8 or 9-inch pie plate and press them tightly into the bottom of the pan. A pastry tamper or the bottom of a clean glass or measuring cup works well for this. This recipe will also work for cheesecake in a 9” or 10” springform pan.
5. Using your fingers, press the crumbs firmly all around the sides of the pie pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 7 – 10 minutes. Cool.
If you are making your graham cracker crust from scratch, be sure to prepare it first so it will have time to cool before you add the pie filling to it.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: Stand mixer, food processor or rolling pin, pie or tart pan, large bowl, masher or immersion blender.
Keywords: Strawberry Cream Pie, No-Bake