This pasta salad reminds me of what an Italian antipasto might look like if it were served in a bowl. Tortellini, broccoli, salami, tomatoes, olives, mozzarella cheese, and so much more, all marinated in a delicious Italian dressing… and enough to feed a crowd! This Tortellini Salad is perfect for barbeques and potlucks.
I love the vibrant colors in this pasta salad. The vibrant green of the broccoli against the reds of the pepper and tomato, and the black of the olives… amazing! And if you’re able to find tri-color tortellini, it elevates the visual appeal of this pasta salad to an entirely new level. The recipe is simple to prepare. The only cooking involved is for the tortellini (which takes 3 minutes in boiling water), and a quick steam of the broccoli florets. The rest of it is just a matter of chopping and mixing together in one big bowl. No Super Kitchen Ninja cooking skills required!
28–36 oz. cheese tortellini, fresh or frozen (cooked and cooled)
2–3 cups broccoli florets (cooked and cooled)
1 red pepper, sliced into thin slivers
½ cup red onion, sliced into thin slivers
1 can small black olives, pitted and halved
1 pkg. (8 oz.) fresh mozzarella, cubed
12 oz. (approx. 2 cups) grape tomatoes, sliced lengthwise (*you can also use regular tomatoes, cut into cubes)
4 oz. dry soppressata, salami or pepperoni, thinly sliced julienne style
4 oz. sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, julienne cut (drain the oil)
2 tablespoons fresh basil, torn
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon dried oregano
3/4 cup olive oil
½ cup red wine vinegar
1 packet Good Seasons Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix
1. Cook tortellini until al dente, according to package directions. Rinse and cool.
2. Steam broccoli florets until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Rinse and cool.
3. In an extra-large bowl, combine tortellini, broccoli, onion, red pepper, black olives, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, salami, dried parsley, and dried oregano.
4. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and Zesty Italian salad mix in a small bowl or combine in a dressing shaker bottle.
5. Pour the prepared dressing over the tortellini salad mixture and toss until blended.
6. Let it sit for 2 hours to allow for flavors to blend, tossing occasionally.
7. Serve at room temperature.
This recipe makes enough to feed a crowd. You will need an extra-large bowl to mix it in.
- Category: Pasta Salad
Keywords: Tortellini Salad, Cold Pasta Salad